Tuesday, June 29, 2004

Fragments that won’t find a place anywhere else. Thursday man

No, I’m not kidding! At exactly the same hour, in the exact same spot! I have no idea when he started that. Maybe he was doing it way long before I even noticed it. Who will know now?
You wouldn’t expect a thing like this happening to you. I mean, if you were a movie star, a popular singer or something of that kind, you know what it means to mix up the boundaries of personal and public life, right? But then again, you would still have a right to personal life. Real private moments. Whatever.
Now that I think of it, I guess I had already seen him somewhere before, maybe two or three times, I’m not sure; I guess it’s just one of those familiar faces from the same familiar spaces you cross every day.
A bouquet of flowers arrived May the 5th. A Thursday. No card, no name, no client name, no message. Just a plain, ordinary rose bouquet – actually, extremely ordinary, as if it was possible to make an effort to be ordinary. I remember thinking that the guy who’d sent me this was a cheap and tasteless bastard.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home