Wednesday, June 30, 2004

H Hλιος κορώνα

Imundong, Seoul, July 31 2003, 13:00
I was walking down the street to the subway, from a sijô class, looking at the crack in the pavement, thinking about something unimportant.
As if my pineal eye (Bataille) commanded me so, an awakening of sorts, I looked directly up: and, lo! Circling the sun, a rainbow. Well, more of a complete circle, therefore I should call it a raincircle – circumiris or circo-íris, cerchiobaleno or circl’en-ciel, ουράνιο κύκλος or perhaps simply Iρις, Regenkreis or regencirrkel, a 원형무지개.
I called a friend to look at it, but the sun was too strong, and then I realised I was wearing shades, and if I took them out it would be invisible. That's why I saw it really well for the first time... I wonder how many times have these things been invisible to the human eye, unaided by a pair of smoked glass bits?
Maybe a 12th of it was broken by white clouds, but it was a visible circle, with the sun for a centre… the crown of Helios.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home